Ideas for an adoption party

We are currently in the process of adopting 2 year old twins ( a boy and a girl) and their 5 year old sister, we got the twins when they were 3 days old straight from the hospital, so they only know us as their parents, on the other hand their 5 year old sister just came to live with us feb 2012 so she is still getting use to being in a permanent home that is not her mom's. I want to have a celebration when adoption is final. I want to celebrate becomming a family. I just have no idea what to do. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

mommy2thebest3

Asked by mommy2thebest3 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2012 in Adoption

• Thank you all for your great ideas. I love the tree planting and getting our 5 year old involved. I also love the necklace Idea :) Thanks.
    mommy2thebest3

Comment by mommy2thebest3 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2012

• I think having a small party is nice. Planting a tree and a small speech how this tree will grow and thrive like your family. Become stronger over the years. All that good stuff. Then each family member would get a sma necklace with a circle representing the never ending bond of family. Even the young kids and I would save theirs for special occassions. Then each year we wear our necklaces and would plant another tree. That's what I would do.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2012

• Congrats.. Get the five year old involved. Maybe there's a theme she would like.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2012

• On the anniversary of DD's adoption finalization, we always do something as a family...just the three of us...that she wants to do. Last year we went to the "dinosaur museum," year before that we went to a Disney on Ice show, year before that we went to the children's museum, and so on.... This year I was going to get her tickets to the Justin Bieber concert, but when I actually explained to her that this didn't mean she would meet him,she said she didn't want to go (I was happy...saved us a lot of money). Then we come home to our own little celebration with cake or cupcakes or brownies and a gift or two for DD.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2012

• I would ask her, since she is old enough to understand, celebrate, and remember. I would ask her who to invite, what you should have, and what families do together that she would like to celebrate and let it go from there.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2012