M I A BAD MOMMIE

WELL MY SON IS NOW ALMOST 8 MONTHS AND HE IS TEETHING SO BAD RITE NOW SOME PEOPLE TLL ME DONT BABY HIM KAUSE WEN HE SKREAMS AND KRYS KAUSE HIS TEETH HURT SO BAD I HOLD HIM AND COMFORT HIM UNTIL HE STOPS IS IT WRONG KAUSE SOME PEOPLE SAY ITS BABYING IS IT???

emomama22

Asked by emomama22 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think you are a bad mom or anything like that. I understand, your child is in pain and you want to comfort him. I think that you should try to give him as much relief as you can with teething tablets or tylenol. I wouldn't spend forever holding him though because that might cause issues later. But no you are not a bad mother, and I don't think you are babying him at 8 months old either.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Maybe you should try comforting his pain instead of just holding him. Like teething toys, or other products they have for it? Then you will be satisfying a specific need.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• THANK U I FEEL KINDA CLUELESS KAUSE THIS IS MY 1ST BABY U NOE ANYTHING WELL HELP
    emomama22

Answer by emomama22 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• from what I could understand, not it's not wrong.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You are doing fine. If he feels better with cuddling you are ok. Take some of the suggestions on here and try teething rings, frozen pops, cold washcloth. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you're a bad mother for tending to your child's need for comfort during a painful process. (PLEASE note my sarcasm). Yes, your baby needs to be comforted, but like some PP's said, try to comfort the teething issue instead of just holding him. Hylands Teething Tablets, or Tylenol, or toys made specifically for teething will all do wonders for your son's pain.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Sometimes Holding my youngest is the only thing that helps... I don't think your wrong to hold your son at all, give him a little Tylenol, hold him until the Tylenol kicks in but letting them cry when they are in pain just breaks my heart... I'd tell people thank you for the advice but since it is my child I will do what I feel is the best for my child and for you that's holding and comforting him till he stops crying...

Teething is hard, my eldest had her teeth come in by the twos but my youngest is getting them 1 at a time, so she's almost always crying... We've got about 4 more (canines for sure) to go...

Just do what you feel is the best, if it's a problem later it's your problem not theirs.
    Tempest41

Answer by Tempest41 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• AM I A BAD MOMMY
    WELL MY SON IS NOW ALMOST 8 MONTHS AND HE IS TEETHING SO BAD RIGHE NOW. SOME PEOPLE TELL ME DON'T BABY HIM BECAUSE WHEN HE SCREAMS AND CRIES BECAUSE HIS TEETH HURT SO BAD I HOLD HIM AND COMFORT HIM UNTIL HE STOPS IS IT WRONG BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE SAY ITS BABYING IS IT???

There for those who couldn't answer do to the K vs C thing...

Nope your baby needs you for comfort and there is nothing bad about loving on your child especially when they aren't feeling too well.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I use teething tablets too. I also have a little hand and a little foot that go in the freezer for her to chew on.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I think your child will be fine, you can never spoil a baby. However, I am 23 and I'm not old and I still think you could type this without all the text slang and letter k crap. I just hope, you don't tech your kid to spell like that when he's old enough to learn.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 2:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009