To any of you ladies who went to school, why is this so damn hard?

I'm applying for a scholarship/financial aid and I need just two letters of recommendations from either past instuctors or employers. Well, I've tried many people, pretty much anyone I think of and I keep getting this "It's against our policy" or I keep getting questioned. What's up? I'm about to cheat and do a friend and fudge it was a past employer. I'm fed up!

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What kind of policy prohibits them from writing letters of recommendations? My last instructor handed out her card to us and told us to feel free to use her as a reference in whatever we did!Have you checked with the companies to see if there really is a policy like this?
    Anonymous

• The deadline is February 15th..*sigh* I may not be able to apply.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would. I had to have a recomendation from a close family friend. She is not the best at writting so I did it for her. I told her I did and if they call to play along. She got a full ride to a catholic high school that is about 9 grand a year. I did not write anything my friend would not have said herself.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Thank you for your replies.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's against their policy because they can be sued for writing a bad letter. My step-dad has come across this a lot lately. Good luck with your financial aide. It's a major pain in the butt.
    I was able to get letters from my prior instructors, but I'm a total brown-noser as a student, so they were happy to do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009