Do you ever feel bad for babies with uneducated mothers?

I'm not saying that you need an education to be a good mother, but I mean I can't help but feel sorry for kids with mother's who are ignorant and immature and don't even know any better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No bc the mother can always go back to school. She must be educated some what. Not every person needs to go to college!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 1:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, I do. If it's a mom that doesn't have common sense, I wonder how she's going to be able to teach her child all that he/she needs to know to make it in this hard world. I'm not talking about a PhD, but some intelligence is good!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, especially the ones with teen mothers. They think it seems like so much fun to have a baby, until their pregnant and reallity hits them.
    Anonymous

• Goingthruitall...I said nothing about college! In fact, I even specifically said "I'm not saying you need an education to be a good mother". I'm not talking about school smarts. I'm talking more about immaturity and such.
    Anonymous

• No, not really. I feel sorry for children born to selfish mothers, not to mention hot tempered moms who abuse their kids. I also feel bad for children of mothers without a back bone, you know the ones who allow their husbands or boy friends to abuse the kids.
    If the ony thing wrong with a mom is that she's not that smart, the kids aren't doing to bad. JMO
    Anonymous

• Well, I do feel a bit sorry for the kids, but more sorry for kids whose mothers are arrogant and think that they are better than everyone else.
    Anonymous

• Yes, and education is definitly good. I know a girl who just had a baby, who has never worked a day in her life and said she couldn't wait for the tax money she was going to get from the baby, hello, honey. You aren't married and you don't work, you don't get a tax money... What a sad life that baby is going to have...
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Well, I think that I am very well educated, and I was a teen mother I was 18 years old when I had my daughter. As long as the mother knows the "basics" in life then NO I don't feel bad for the child. Their are A LOT of women who have struggled their whole lives with schooling, and have children and they can raise them fine. Children don't learn only from their parents, they learn from friends, teachers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... the list goes on and on. I have also seen plenty of mothers who are VERY immature befor they have their child, but as soon as they had their child it whipped them into shape. Their are always going to be people who aren't satisfied with other mothers, but instead of putting so much effort into picking at them, people should be concerend with their "own" families! Thats just the way I feel!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Whoa, Anon. Stop
    Don't play that card or I'll pull out my trump.
    Seriously.

I was an honor roll student all through high school and on 3 academic teams.
    I got pregnant while on the birth control patch.
    And I think I'd had sex, like, 10 times in the 2 years I'd been active.

I'm married happily to a military member.
    I'm going back to school when my daughter starts.

I've purposely never had a job simply so I could remain home with her and NOT be a stereotypical teen mom and dump her in child care or with my mom all the time.

My daughter is almost 2 and she's advanced for her age because I took the time to teach her and help her learn.

And now, if we're going to talk about uneducated mothers, yes. I do feel sorry for the child. Especially if the mother doesn't have the ability to properly spell or punctuate their sentences. That inhibits the child's ability to learn to read or write if the mothe
    Betty.Wrong

Answer by Betty.Wrong at 1:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• *if the mother is the one teaching them.
    Betty.Wrong

Answer by Betty.Wrong at 1:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2009