How many times have you bumped your babies head? Didnt you feel horrible?!

Baby is sick and wont let me put her down. So I reached in the back of the fridge and bumped her head on the door! This isnt the 1st time. Tell me I'm not the only one!

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 1:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've done it probably several times with each of my 4 kids. I remember those times when they weren't feeling well & you have to hold them all the time. I've even accidentally smacked my youngest in the face with the bathroom door. I didn't know she was in the bathroom on the other side of the door and flung it open. It does make you feel terrible, but it's not the end of the world.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• oh gosh that sounds so terrible... but no, you are not the only one. i think that happened to every mother before. especially when the child just wont listen and u have to carry them around on your arm.

i bumped my girls head before, but not that it would hurt her. thank god :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• When my son was 9 months he fell off of a bed and had a fractured skull as a result. Want to talk about guilt??? 7.5 years later and I still feel like crap when I think back. You'r definitely not alone.
    Anonymous

• lol, okay thanks mommies. More bumps to come I suppose!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I've done that too! What about cutting their finger with the nail clipper?! My poor little baby's finger started to bleed and I was so hormonal I just cried with him! I didn't even tell my SO thinking he would get mad at me which was nonsense.
    Anonymous

• Lol, I've never bumped her head, but I'm always freaking scratching her, with my fingernails or my ring, lol. Don't feel bad, it was an accident and she won't remember because you've boinked her so many times... JUST KIDDING! Don't feel bad!!!
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have 3 - and I've bumped all their heads, it makes you feel horrible. I've also cut all their fingers with the nail clipper - that's even worse.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It has been almost 9 years but I am sure at some point I did because for a year I carried my son all over because he had reflux and hated being put down.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son is 13.5 months and we're running into a lot of smooshed fingers, sometimes he does it to himself (like playing with the dresser drawers) and a few times it's been me trying to close a cabinet or something while he's trying to get into it. I feel bad, but stuff like that does happen with kids and as long as it's not a major injury (which fortunately for us its never been anything remotely serious, just enough to make him cry)... I just kiss him and tell him I'm sorry Mommy didn't mean to, and he gets over it pretty quick.
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I accidentally scratched my son's face while he was still in the hospital! He had a little scab on his cheek and every time someone saw it they would ask what happened. I felt so bad that I hurt him and so bad that all the doctors and nurses saw first hand what kind of mother I was. Very embarrassing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009