Who's best to treat a 10 year old's plantar's wart--podiatrist or dermatologist?

DebraInNYC

Asked by DebraInNYC at 2:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• For warts, I am a fan of the apple cider vinager. That is something that you can do at home. It is much more cost effective. You can search that and see what information you get.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 2:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• dermatologist. i wasted an appointment once at podiatrist. dermatologists wil sort it
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I took my son to a podiatrist. Of course it's been years ago. He took care of it by putting a dissolving chemical and bandage on it, and it was so painful my son couldn't put weight on the area. Not to say that every podiatrist would be the same. I'd say its a toss-up. These days I'd go with whoever I could get an appointment with first, I'd say.

Answer by Bmat at 2:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My sister took both of my nieces to their family Dr. who took care of it right there. Good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'd just go to your family dr.

Back when I was BROKE broke, I used to go to a clinic that charged based on your income --- usually had PAs instead of Drs working there. I had about 3 warts.... they froze them off right there in the office.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I took both my son's to the doctor and got a prescription strength pad. They were gone in about a week.

hdb

Answer by hdb at 4:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I had one when I was pregnant. My family doctor was able to make it go away with 3 treatments.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I went to a podiatrist for mine. Oh the horror of it! I would talk to the family doctor first and if that doesn't help ask where he'd suggest you go. Mine involved surgery.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2009