is it nessecary

i have to go to the doctor every week now but i think it is ridiclious to have a pelvic exam everytime i go is it ok to request not have them anymore im 37 weeks and im pretty sure that the baby will come when its ready and i dont need to be told that im dilating and effacing,its ok to not get them anymore right ?

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ask your doctor. but i think they do that for a good reason.

its always better to be safe than sorry.

i went to a weekly checkup every week since i was 15 weeks along ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Just talk to your doctor about that. I thought it was just the norm to get checked out each week like that.
    Anonymous

• what? are they doing internals on you?
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yeah I agree thats something to def talk with your doctor about! Best of luck to you.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• me again? loook im from uk so not sure wot your doc is doin , but here you check i weekly from 36 weeks and get bp done and they measure your bump and ask how your feeling and try and guess if the baby has turned by feeling your belly? nobody checks to see if your dialated? this only happens when you go to hospital in labour or ir you go over your due date? with my first son nobody even put a hand up me until i was 4 days over and 6cm dialated.?
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009