Is it Obamas fault?

Hurrcane Katrina was supposedly Bush's fault (eyeroll). So the people in Kentucky with no electric, and the people that died..can we blame that on Obama? Same thing is it not? All of the sudden, seems pretty ridiculous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Katrina's aftermath could have been avoided had the mayor allowed the buses to be used to evacuate people. The Governorcould have spent the money Clinton and Bush gave the state to fix the levies. Instead it was spent to fix up Bourbon street. Bush was just an easy target to blame.  The state got a clue and now they have a better Governor.  The idiots in New Orleans reelected the asshat who screwed up during Katrina.

Anonymous

• UM, NO
    Anonymous

• If you can blame one I guess you can blame the other.
    Anonymous

• Well I'm in kentucky. I had no power for 4 days. IMO if your stupid enough to run a generator in your house then it's your own dumb fault you died. Most of these deaths are from plain stupidity.
    Anonymous

• Depends is he handling it as badly as bush did? are people being raped and the national guard is just flying over head watching not doing anything to stop it? Idont know , i dont think bush caused the hurricane but he didnt exactly help the aftermath now did he? Oh wait maybe they just rolled their eyes and figured it wasnt their problem!
    Anonymous

• Katrina was not Bush's fault and neither is the ice storms in Kentucky Obama's fault. Its nature's fault :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Double Uh! No_____________________WE BLAME YOU FOR THAT DUMB QUESTION...LOLeye rollingHERE'S MY EYES ROLLING

Anonymous

• natures fault yea, but when things like this happen , you'd think you could depend on ur government to help you....

when this storm happened, what was the response of people? did they get help or where they left on there own?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Well, lets see. All the people I know helped themselves. Found hotel rooms, got generators, took care of themselves. Gathered at friends or families homes that had power/ and or generators or fireplaces. There were shelters set up throughout our city for people to go to, ymca offering showers and many places offering food and to come in and get warm. No one I know needed governement help. Maybe thats just the company I keep.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Where are the GOVERNORS in each of these equations? Do they not hold any responsibility or accountability as they are the states' direct leaders? I do not think that the Hurricane was Bush's fault and I do not believe that this is Obama's. It is nature and even having a line of defense or precaution in these cases is not always as effective as we would like for it to be.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009