When can a baby go in the regular stroller?

We have a Evenflo Eurotrek travel system...my baby is a BIG boy (9lbs 1oz at birth and hasn't stopped since). He has almost outgrown his babycarrier/carseat and we are working on saving the money for a toddler carseat to just turn backward...my question is though: When can I put him in the regular toddler stroller? He is 6 1/2 months and can sit up by himself...so can I put him in the regular stroller now?

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I put my son in the regular stroller at like 3 months but it reclined all the way back so he was pretty much lying down but still strapped in. He's been sitting up in it for about a month now (he's 6 months). He still can't sit all the way up on his own but if he's supported he does great. I don't think there's a certain age for putting your baby in the stroller, just whenever they sit in it properly and aren't flopping around.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I think I started putting my daughter in the stroller a little after she could sit up on her own. I think it's okay and they can move around more, see more, etc.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• They say a baby can sit in a reg stroller at six months and the fact that he is a big boy.
    momma_nany

Answer by momma_nany at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• nope, he is too young. i would wait with the regular stroller until he is 11-12 months old.

a baby is not suppose to sit up for longer than 2-3 minutes before not older than 10 months. why? The spine is still too weak to be able to handle that much pressure.
    your orthopedist will be able to explain that to you better than i can ;)

our DD was 11 1/2 months when i first let her actually sit up in the stroller/buggy.

a travel system isnt that great, especially the Evenflo Eurotrek travel system. because u only have the newborn/baby-carseat thingy and then the toddler-buggy/stroller, there is nothing inbetween, which u actually need. something where your baby can lay down the whole time and be comfy (soft on the back and closed around the whole body). so you might want to keep him in the carseat-part, which is too small like you said or you get a more comfy, baby-like-stroller :-/

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• As long as he can sit up and the stroller has a buckle, then he's old enough!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If the seat lays back at an angle I think he would be fine. that way there isn't a lot of pressure on his neck and spine.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Are you talking about the stroller with the travel system or an umbrella stroller? If it's the travel system, they normally recline, so I would think that would be fine.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• A regular, full size stroller? That fully reclines? They can go in them from birth. An umbrella stroller? Closer to a year old.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i looked the "Evenflo Eurotrek travel system" up on google before i answered this question. and the Evenflo Eurotrek travel system is more like an umbrella stroller... for toddlers.. not babies. and thats why i said her son is way too young for it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You can use a regular stroller at any time now. Ours reclined a bit, so I'm thinking yours will too.

However...I have to comment that you canNOT have a toddler carseat in a car and just turn it around. If a carseat is not meant to be rear facing, it can't go rear facing!

Mine were sitting alone at 4 months, crawling at 6 months and standing at 7 months. There is no way I could have kept them down until 10 months!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009