Have you ever disputed something on your credit report? How did it go?

How did you dispute it and did they take it off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have the forms if you have a regular email address. (you can pm it to me or contact me at krista@mtgmentors.com) Once you dispute anything on your credit report the credit agencies have 30 days BY law to get back to you. You must have supporting documentation for the trade-line you are disputing. Also it is always advisable to send the items via certified mail so that you have documentation as to when the information was received.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You can dispute online. I did this a couple times for some incorrect info that was on mine. It was removed within 30 days.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 3:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have had luck changing addresses etc., but no as much luck getting things off the report. I had a 30 days late payment showing for Macys on my report for seven years. I could not get it off and I tried three or four times. Here is a Clark Howard article on requesting them that I thought was pretty good: http://clarkhoward.com/topics/freecreditreportinfo.html

Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• disputing online does not allow you the ability to send supporting documentation. it will show as a disputed account which means at that point it will no longer go against or towards your credit scoring. (using the scoring modul per say) however it can still show as an account that will have to be rectified prior to any loan.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have done online disputes....got 4 things removed and the score jumped over 90 points. I think it works great! If for some reason you can't get something removed that should be...you can always call the reporting agencies and they will walk you through what needs to be done.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009