Do you bath your kitties?

We gave ours a bath to get rid of fleas and she has NEVER been softer. We absolutely love it. Is it bad to give cats regular baths? I know they hate it but could it be harmful? You never hear of bathing cats.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pets

• My lil' puss loves the shower.  She jumps right in with me in the morning and after I work out!  I have to use special soap on her though, so she doesn't get irritated.

Abomnablesnogrl

Answer by Abomnablesnogrl at 4:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have had my kittie for 5 years now we found her walking around she was just a baby I took her in and she too was full of fleas my dd took her a bath and you are right they seem to be really fluffy  feeling, but then again she never got to go back outside she is an inside cat.

I believe you can have them around longer when they are inside kitties.catI love her.

Anonymous

• Be sure to use special shampoo for cats so it doesn't dry out their skin. We had a long-haired cat that we had to take in to get bathed regularly once she got too old to keep the mats out. We were afraid to cut at the mats. She was so soft and smelled so good when we picked her up. I'd say as long as you don't notice an increase in dry skin flakes or dander, or see the cat scratching more from dry skin, that it should be OK. Keep the room very warm where the bath is being given so the cat doesn't get too uncomfortable.

Answer by Bmat at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Ours had fleas too when we first got them so they had a bath at the vet. You're right, she was softer and smelled so good. At home though, I'll only bathe them if it's REALLY needed. I'd rather keep my eyeballs intact inside my head, thanks!

And I have to say, my cats are strictly indoor cats. They don't get dirty and they do a pretty good job of grooming themselves.
    InsanitySpeaks

Answer by InsanitySpeaks at 2:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My husband does give our kitty a bath every couple of months I'd say. She's an indoor cat, and never gets outside so she's never really dirty. But yeah, she is sooo soft after her bath! I love it.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i will give my cat a bath once in awhile well shes due for one now im the only one who will wash her everyone else is scared of getting scratched really bad but she use to be a mean cat but not now and she knows not to scratch me
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my kitty likes to be stroked by DH while i wash it.
    iheartsquishies

Answer by iheartsquishies at 4:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes. I have to wash my pussy once a day, sometimes twice because she's so hairy.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my hubby used tow rok for an animal hos. and he said too many bath to often will try out there skin....
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 6:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• and we give our cats baths ever other month....
    Dayna-Marie