im scared outta my mine

i get panic attacks everyday and also im 7 weeks pregnant im so scared to go thru with the pregnancy.do you think i will stop breathing while having this baby when that time comes? i been having panic attacks for 3 years and still dont take anything for it..this is taking over my life i want my old self back.im so scared can anyone plz help thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, you won't stop breathing while having this baby. Try some meditation. Or guided imagery.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was the same way. It goes. I was always suffering from depression and mental breakdowns but for the first time in my life, I am happy and relatively stress free. That is what pregnancy did for me. Maybe it will do the same for you. If you feel the need, definitely talk to your doctor and look into counselors who have dealt with similar cases. You don't have to go through this alone.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• what are you scared off? everything or just sumthings? what happened to start of such a bad episode of your life? i aint bein a bitch or nuthin,i kinda undertand my dad suffered from them..but he recovered, and i did,,, and i recovered? are you on meds for it, or are you on meds tat cud be causing it....what is a panic attack to you?
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• try to take deep breaths, everything will be ok!
    Anonymous

• I feel so bad for you! Feeling that way must be horrible! But trust me, most of the time pregnancy and labor and delivery go fine. It is what your body is meant to do. And you won't stop breathing. If you are having trouble catching your breath during labor and delivery though they can always give you oxygen! Have you talked with your doctor about your fears? I think that would be a good first step! GL to you!!
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I used to get panic attacks from aniexty I started doing something to make them stop once they started and eventually it stopped altogether so maybe it is something you might wanna try. It might sound silly but I am completely serious. I ask myself questions that are very simple and that I know the answer to like what is my favorite color and then I answer myself and then I would ask myself what is your name and answer myself ....in my head of course and just getting your mind off of it and on things that you are sure of helps. It was a trick one of my therapists taught me. I don't think you will have a panic attack with your delivery. I didn't with my son. I think once it starts happening you are so consumed with dealing with contractions and the excitement of a new baby and your family and friends waiting for news that a panic attack is the last thing on your mind. take a cd player and some calming musuc to the hospital!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• btw....if you want to talk, just message me or if you need anything! And good luck and congrats!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• they'll probably give u exra oxygen
    Anonymous