why

i have a friend and all she does is try to pick a fight with me.she is very controversial.she says she is afraid of controversy and really its just the opposite.i dont get why.what is going on.she seems to want to fight with everyone???when she says she doesnt like confrontation????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe she needs to get laid...just a suggestion

Seriously now I think she is looking for attention, just agree with her and everything will be fine.

Anonymous

• maybe she is looking for attention from you
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Shrug, smile, make some neutral remark, and try to change the subject. You can also ask her for more information about why she feels that way. Or ask her to explain further what she is saying. Something seems odd with her. Has she had some change in her life lately that would make her feel that she needs to assert herself or to be heard? Something that makes her feel that she is not important or that she is unloved or unloveable? Somebody put her down or say something mean to her, perhaps?

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• She's insecure emotionally, physically. When she starts in on things just say excuse me I have to go. That's all you owe her no explanation at least while she's as she is. The longer you put up with what she does to you the longer she'll continue her attitude. My mother, brother are like that. sometimes my husband is. With my mother, brother I limit time with them to very short visits, late in the day with work the next day so we can't be together long. With my husband I just walk away and he scurries away.
    Anonymous

• hmm interesting.maybe she needs to get laid.but i am not going to help her with that.she has always been very confrontational...she always fights with everyone.looses friends left and right.its like she says things that i dont think she realizes she is saying.i know she beats her kids i have seen her, so i think she may have some inner aggression.hmm
    Anonymous

• I must say that I tend to agree on the thoughts of that your friend might not feel loved. I have a sister in law and it tends to be the same way with her. I have noticed with her family though that no one agrees with her on things and I think she is spilling that over to me because she knows that she can. I still love her and she has a lot of sweet qualities about herself but I really believe that someone who gets criticised will criticize especially if they are getting a lot of it.
    MommedForces

Answer by MommedForces at 3:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2009