My son spits up totally and completely excessively!!-Please Help!

He is 6 months old and as soon as we think it's getting better,it gets worse! We started on Enfamil ,then went to to Enf. Prosobee,Gentleease,Nutramigan..Problem he he kept spitting up and going to the bathroom way to much. We took him to a gastro and they said he has severe acid reflux(duh) He has been on zantac,reglan, and is now on bethanical and prevacid-with Neocate Formula! Please help! Any ideas-even if he has been asleep and you think he can't spit up-hours later..Thanks in advance:)ps: I know he will outgrow it at some point. They also said he has milk protein and soy allergy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry :( my daughter did the same thing. She was on a medicine too, can't remember the name...the best thing we found was that she lived her life on a 45 degree angle. lol tummy time propped on a boppy, sleeping on an angled sleep positione, she basically was never even close to flat on her back. it was a real pain. Every piece of clothing that she wore until about 9 months has big yellow stains on them from her spitting up. Hope you find something that works. It really will just go away one day and a week later you'll go "hey! i haven't had to change my clothes and yours 20 times today! awesome!" Good luck
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son had severe acid reflux too. He was on many of the same meds that your baby is on. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I'd swear there was absolutely nothing left in his little tummy to spit up and then ..... bbbbbllllllleeeehhhhh. He was on Alimentum formula. Thickened that with rice cereal, every bottle. The last med he was on was prevacid. Eventually at about 9 months, he finally outgrew it. Hang in there you're not the only one going through this right now I'm sure. It DOES get better.
    Anonymous

• My nephew was like that when he was born they ended up putting him on enfamil A.R. lipil i dont know if u've tried that yet or not....but it helped a little and they gave him the zantac but nothing really helps when it comes to acid reflux i've had it bad since i was 10 yo and i have severe heart burn everyday and ive been on all kinds of antiacids from doctors and otc
    leahannf2005

Answer by leahannf2005 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I know it might be to early and he might not have teeth yet but as long as he is holding his head up then it should be fine to try giving him foods that you eat but that he won't joke on. Cause some babies don't like baby food and the go straight to our kind of food.
    JennEmily0414

Answer by JennEmily0414 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Oh, and a suggestion for all the stained clothes.... TYE DYE! LOL, he'll look so cool and no one will know you recycled those yellow-stained onesies.
    Anonymous