• In the Spotlight:

Reassurance...

My DH doesn't feel like he's been a very big contributor to our pregnancy. This is our first, and he's gone 6 days at a time for work, then only home for 3. He says he's tired of coming home to a surprise...

Surprise I'm bigger. Surprise baby's bigger. Surprise baby's moving more.

How can I help him feel more included? He calls every day, and we talk about any events, etc.. but it's not the same as him being home. He's feeling more and more pressured to quit his job, but he has our sole income, and our insurance benefits rely on that job.

We only have 11 weeks to go! Is there anything I can do to make him feel more secure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• You could let him read books to the baby, you could take pictures w/your cell phone and text or email them to him on what your doing during the day, different shots of your belly maybe, if the baby puts his/her foot or hand against your tummy and you can get a shot of that, help decorate the room, pick out clothes for the baby, help pack your bags when you get closer.....I think he is going through "neglect" that may not be the right word. Right now the baby is the big talk so maybe he doesn't feel as important, as he used to. But obviously he is if he quits his job you will loose your health care, and all of his income and that wouldn't be wise since you are having a baby. Good luck!

A_Mom_Of_Two

Answer by A_Mom_Of_Two at 6:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2009