Other than simple reassurance...

My DH doesn't feel like he's been a very big contributor to our pregnancy. This is our first, and he's gone 6 days at a time for work, then only home for 3. He says he's tired of coming home to a surprise...

Surprise I'm bigger. Surprise baby's bigger. Surprise baby's moving more.

How can I help him feel more included? He calls every day, and we talk about any events, etc.. but it's not the same as him being home. He's feeling more and more pressured to quit his job, but he has our sole income, and our insurance benefits rely on that job.

We only have 11 more weeks to go! Is there anything I can do to make him feel more secure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• does he have access to a computer throughout the day? Do you have a web cam or video camera? Id make sure to utilize those if you have them..,maybe put the phone on your tummy every night and let him talk to the baby...etc... what a nice guy though Mama..sounds like you have a good one.. good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• he works in the oil field. he has to deal with 50 other men he doesn't know, and some of which say disgusting things about women, and he has such a hard time, and by the time his 6 days is up, he's so exhausted and ready to come home. i just wish there was something i could do to help a little.
    Anonymous

• ahh honey Im so sorry.....I will do some thinking and if I can come up with anything I will certainly come back and post....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Try looking up I-am-pregnant.com he can track the babies developmental progress week to week. Or if internet is not an option try talking every night. You could even get a sewing measuring tape and measure you self around every night and let him know how much you have grown! That might even be fun. I'm so sorry, I know you both must feel like you are missing so much...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009