how do I get my boys to stop cursing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Don't use the language yourself, of course, or anyone who lives in your house. Tell them that people in your house do not (not that are not allowed, but that they DO not use that language.) Tell them that it is too easy to fall into a habit of using the language so it is better to not start at all rather than to offend some people because the language just pops out. Tell them that there are better words to use that don't offend others. How about a quarter jar- drop a quarter in for every cuss word, or a cuss job jar- small tasks on slips of paper- you say a cuss word and you must take out the trash that night, or dust the living room, or clean the cat pans, or clean the toilet- something small.

Answer by Bmat at 2:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• hot sauce works very well
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• SOAP....my mom used it once and was never needed again....sounds mean but it is effective...As a kid my dad cursed up a storm...my mom never did....so when I said something mean to her actually I got the soap and never again even now would I ever imagine saying it again...I can still taste the soap....A cuss jar would work for a little whil IMO....but soap lasts forever
    AnaBaumgartner

Answer by AnaBaumgartner at 11:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• With me, I took my boys and have them stand in front of the pastor and say the same things. They respect him, so were so ashamed they begged me to forgive them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• tell them cursing is the way unintelligent people express themselves!
    sarah4303

Answer by sarah4303 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009