What are some fun free/cheap things to do in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

Preferrably outdoor stuff. We are staying at a hotel with a water park and then we will be going to Dollywood. I would like to do a few outdoor things on arrival and departure day. I have heard there is a water fountain where kids can play in, but can't find any information about it. We will probably also do Cades Cove. Also, are there any good places to fish?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2012 in Travel

• http://www.mypigeonforge.com/what_to_do.aspx

I wish my grandparents were still here so I could ask them. They loved it down there. And the Smokies too :) Have a fun & safe trip!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2012

• We took the kids years ago. It's a tourist area, so most everything costs money. It is fun just to walk around in Gatlinburg, but it can get very crowded with people, so it can be hard to find parking. I believe it is still free to drive through the parks in the mountains though.... that was a lot of fun and very scenic!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2012

• There are lots of outlet malls in Pigeon Forge--my favorite thing to do when I'm there. 'Course I usually end up spending some money!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2012

• Are you staying at Wilderness? We were just there. We will never go back. We usually stay in cabins when we go.

Of course visiting the state park is free. There really isn't much to do in P.F. without spending money.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2012

• We are staying at the Governor's Crossing. I am just trying to find some non-touristy things to do while there. We go every year sometimes twice a year and I just wanted to do something different. We were thinking about Wilderness for another trip though. Can you tell me what you didn't like about it.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2012