What do you do after your toddler goes down to bed at night?

My son is usually in bed at 8, and then I always have ambitions of getting things done, working out, etc, but I always feel too exhausted and end up vegging with hubby in front of the TV until bed (have to say, in my defense, i am prego, so easily exhasted). Just wondering what everyone else does.

leahjoy

Asked by leahjoy at 2:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I do the same, sometimes i just clean up a bit. sweep a little. maybe do the dishes in the sink.
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 2:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my son goes to bed around 7:30. We eat after he goes to bed, then my hubby and I just sit and watch a tv show or so and then go to bed. I work out in the morning it seems to be easier. Also I clean while my son is eating dinner. It helps out a lot.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'm lucky to get my daughter to bed before 11 or 12. After that, I usually have papers to grade before finally getting to bed around 1am.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my son goes to bed around 8-8:30 and we get up early so when he goes to bed, i go to bed.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 2:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• after i brought my DD to bed im usually so exhausted i will spend a few minutes on the couch to relax. then i will clean up if there is anything to clean up and then usually some tv or here on cafe mom :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i play on the computer, talk on the phone to friends w/o kids that are still up, take a bath, etc... it is ME TIME!!! i do whatever i want to do at the moment... no work!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Ahh, bedtime. I adore my daughter, and she is a REALLY well-behaved little girl, but there is always a sigh of relief when she is in bed for the night. I pour a glass of wine, or make a cup of tea, sit and talk with my husband about our day, eat dinner (if we haven't already), clean up the kitchen, and then I either read or watch tv, depending on what night it is. I usually don't miss 'House' or American Idol! Maybe I secretly wish to be a singing doctor?!
    I think that you get enough 'done' during the day, Leah...don't feel guilty for relaxing after he's in bed...you deserve it, ESPECIALLY right now! :-)
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 3:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Drink....
    Mommie2Max

Answer by Mommie2Max at 4:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009