Where do you get taxes done?

Where is the best place to get taxes done? I have heard turbo tax online is good...but I'm wondering if I should go to H&R block instead. Anyone have any experience trying to do it online and then going into a place and then finding out they've got you more money than you would have got yourself doing it online??? I've done turbo tax in the past...but we're thinking of going to H&R Block...just trying to figure out if it's worth it!

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• turbo tax. It takes 5-10 min to do online, & you get your return in 8-10 days. Already got mine back.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My family uses HR block we like them and I like having the protection you get from them
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I use Turbo Tax. My boss, who is a CPA, uses Turbo Tax too. If you're tax return is fairly uncomplicated I would go with the least expensive. I know if mine were complicated, I'd go to an accountant...
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Go to a CPA
    Anonymous

• I do H&R Block online. The program is good, you can get help in an IM box or on the phone and you get the same protection as their in office people.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 3:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I use Tax Act and do it myself.
    Anonymous

• turbo tax at home.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Taxcut online. It's thru H&R block
    Anonymous

• I love it when people say to use a CPA to get your taxes done. Has anyone paid a CPA lately? I would only use a CPA if I had full time self employment.

Taxcut is a good program. You can do it online at HRBlock.com for free.

You are welcome to join us here on cafemom at: http://www.cafemom.com/group/filingtaxes2009

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 4:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I do mine myself.. but I would do the H&R block online.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009