Mental illness and addiction. Requesting prayers, energy, Reiki, whatever ya got!

I have been so angry lately, and entertaining ideas if quitting my job and living homeless.I have a teenager I have to support. Perhaps worst of all is my Xanax use. Years ago I was heavily addicted to Xanax and later ativan. I quit under a doctor supervised taper schedule, but I've had a couple relapses since then. All short - the longest was 3 months-
- but I just got a script filled a few days ago

and I can feel myself going down that slippery slope agai.. I am going to try to see a psychiatrist soon and see are maybe some new mood stabilizers(I tried them all a few years ago and couldn't tolerate them), but ib the meantime I'm pleading for any spiritual energy you can send my way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Being a recovering addict I know the position you are in. I will send positive energy your way. Stay strong!

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• I sincerely wish you the best on your path. The road to recovery is not easy but, you all already on it & reaching out and asking for help is the best thing you can do right now. I strongly urge you to get to a 12 step meeting (even if you have never tried them before) or look for an online support group (dailystrenght.org has a ton although I've never used them) until you can meet with your Dr.

You can overcome this.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Sending prayers your way. If things get too bad please consider going to an ER with a psychiatric deprt. Maybe an inpatient stay would be helpful to you. It would be better than being homeless. Good Luck. I hope everything works out for you.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Praying for you. Hugs to you. You can do it! GL.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• I will pray for you.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Sorry that should read dailystrength.com, that's what happens when your up late on cm!
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Thanks everyone. I took way too many Xanax last night, telling myself it was a "last hurrah", and subsequently slept so long and hard that I just woke up 15 minutes ago. Know what my first idiotic thought was? "Oh no, now I won't be able to sleep tonight and I'll be dragging at work tomorrow! I'll have to take a few tonight just to sleep, then I'm definitely quitting". Stupid, stupid, stupid! Is flushing a safe way to dispose of them?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Yes you can flush them, but I don't know if you should try this yourself. You should be under the care of a doctor while weening yourself off.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Just recently saw a program about how doctors create people to be addicted to pain killers and such, really pathetic.....not you hun, I don't mean you are pathetic, you are just a victim.....but you know what the first step to recovering is knowing and admitting you have a problem, and that you do, so this is good...reach for some help, you can do this, if not for you for your teen!!!I am going to send you lots of good vibes and good thought and prayers, but I know you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and somewhere deep inside so do you.......

Answer by older at 10:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2012