SO SICK{laryngitis}

I went to the doctors today,because my throat was hurting and i was having a hard time talking.Just making sure it was nothing real serious.My doctor told me i have laryngitis,I'm so scared not knowing what to do.I woke up the next day my throat killing me,i called off work and school,and i really cant talk.My voice is very raspy and hoarse.At this point i don't know what to do.Can my kids catch this Laryngitis from me,can i still breastfeed,and is it contagious.what should i do.

bossrenee

Asked by bossrenee at 3:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I went to school with laryngitis but I am not sure how long I stayed home first and I wasnt really close to anyone. I know I didnt share drinks or anything with anyone. Check out webmd it might say.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't know if that is contagious or not but if it is then When you breastfeed and get sick your body responds by putting more white blood cells into the milk to help boost there immune systems. It better to breast feed while sick then to take them off til you get well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, it's contagious. It's the adult version of croup. It passes just like a cold, so take precautions!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009