When did your baby hold his/her own bottle?

Like held it well enough to be able to feed themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think they were like 4 to 6 months old
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• None of them ever held a bottle.

They each held their own sippy cups at 6 months though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• 7 months and not even trying. She likes to smack mama's hand while eating . . lol.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Holding a bottle is not a milestone, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Feeding time is supposed to be a time for bonding, and even if your child can hold their own bottle, you should still hold it for them the majority of the time.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Lol, a lot of my friends were shocked at my son because he wouldnt hold his bottle til he was about 7 months old... Usually they do it at 4-6 months, but Frankie sure didnt... I actually got one of the bottles with the handle. The brand was Nuby. I got it CVS (Walgreens has them too). He caught on REAL quick with that thing. Try that if your concerned about it.
    FrankiesMa

Answer by FrankiesMa at 4:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son is 7 months and just plays with it, but I am not worried you only have a short time to hold them take the time you get!
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 4:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I never let any of mine hold their own bottles. It just makes me sad to see a baby laying there holding their own bottle. I guess it just makes me feel like they are being made to fend for themselves, and to me that's sad. Giving my kids their bottle was a special time of bonding for us and It was a way of taking care of them and nurturing & providing for them. them

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, I agree with BlessedMommy64. Babies are meant to be held while they eat. I'm not bashing by this comment, but if you were breastfeeding as nature intended, you would HAVE to hold your baby EVERY time they ate. Just a thought...
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 4:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my doc said when she can hold her bottle by herself she is ready for a sippy.. so at 3 or 4 months when she held it by herself.. she went to a sippy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• ps.. I still held her, but she when they are ready to try themselves they are ready
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009