Red light traffic camera question

Hello

Getting right into it, i was driving and where i live they have the red light camera boxes and a count down box that tells you how much time you have before the light changes again next to the original red, yellow, and green traffic light. I was driving on the street yesterday and the count down box had hit zero and the red hand that tells pedestrians to move was blinking but the light was still Green. I stopped but because the light was still green i just went ahead with the light turning yellow shortly after i started to move to the other side of the road. I didn't run a red light i think the light changed to red right when i was almost to the other side and i didn't see the camera flash. I have been replaying the insidend in my head and am sure that's how it happened plus i don't have $100 just to give them. Is what i did ticket worthy? and if so (which i hope not) how long does it take for the ticket to arrive at your house. I live in Chicago if that makes a difference.

quita1991

Asked by quita1991 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2012 in Travel

• First thing I thought of when I saw red light was the hooker district lol sorry no good answer for this one lol
    Heavensonfire

Answer by Heavensonfire at 10:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• if you didn't see it flash- you should be fine...

if you get a ticket DO NOT just pay it- I made that mistake thinking it would be over with...they came after me though telling me that I also had to do traffic school and whatnot. PAIN in the arse (and I technically did not run the light- I stopped, but the camera went off anyway)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• You would have seen the flash. We are expecting a ticket in the mail because my husband didn't feel he could safely stop in the rain when the light turned yellow. The flash was SO bright, you can't miss it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• I thought that the light and flash had to catch your car BEFORE the intersection line,when it turns red.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2012