Court is now in session! Need prosecuters and Defenders help us out.

The plaintiffs- The three blind mice

The defendant- The farmers wife

Plaintiffs are suing for assault and discrimination, claiming that they were guests in the farmers home and were assaulted by the farmers wife who obviously does not care for mice or blind people.

The Farmers wife claims that she was merely acting in self defense.

To play: Choose a a side. You either represent the mice or the farmers wife. Plead their case, provide evidence and who ever makes the strongest case wins best answer. I will add the original rhyme for those who may not know this one.

Three blind mice. Three blind mice.
See how they run. See how they run.
They all ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a sight in your life,
As three blind mice?[2

Heavensonfire

Asked by Heavensonfire at 10:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2012 in

• The mice are blind - they didn't know they were chasing after her. They thought they were just running around. In order to cut their tails off, the farmer's wife had to have held them in place or cornered them, either of which proves that she acted with premeditation. Additionally, where did this take place? Inside the house or outside? If it was outside, then she never had anything to fear (not that she really needed to fear blind mice, anyway, but whatever), because she could have run anywhere and gotten away from them. She also would have had to go inside to get the carving knife, further proving this was premeditated.

I'd need to call the farmer in order to prove/determine that the mice were guests.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• ^^^wow, hibbingmom you win! Nicely worded. Are you a lawyer IRL?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• As a member of the human persuasion who's been legally blind since 2004 I must reasonably presume it's as challenging for mice as it is for a person. They entrusted their well-being to the owners of the house and were brutally maimed.

I ask if said tails were gathered up and the mice were escorted to a 24 hour vet to see if reattachment surgery could be performed?

If not, there was malice and lack of remorse.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• LMAO! I was in paralegal school when I met and married my hubby. I had a botched c-section our son Blake and now lifelong kidney and vision disabilities as a result. It was my dream to work for a lawyer in social services/child protection field. But now I am home with my kids all day.... and chatting about mouse tails on cafemom. LMAO..... what a compliment though, thank u!!!!!!!!!!! I never wanted to be a lawyer and accrue all the debt. Paralegal classes were a great compromise.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Yes hibbingmom nicely done. We will wait and see if anyone wishes to represent the farmers wife but so far you are the leading contender for best answer!
    Heavensonfire

Comment by Heavensonfire (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Awesome Wendy like the direction your going in!
    Heavensonfire

Comment by Heavensonfire (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Hibbingmom had a good point but I like Wendy argument with the premeditation so Wendy wins the best answer but great job everyone!
    Heavensonfire

Comment by Heavensonfire (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2012