in a mental slump... suggestions on pulling myself out???

I am GREAT at making friends... superfisial friends. I was very active. But I fell into a slump - too many commitments, feeling overwhelmed, foot issues so I can not be as active. And as I completely dropped out of my life.... no one seemed to notice. No calls from girlfriends to go to lunch, to ask me where I am, etc... no one even seems to notice I have shut down... not even my family. I'm not depressed, I'm not gaining or loosing weight, so dont think I'm going off the deep end.... but I feel like Im at a real turning point. Where do I go from here, what do I do about the friends? Im just lost at the moment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• Aw I am so sorry. This is just too bad. Time to get out and make new friends. Get into volunteer work- there are so many opportunities, and you'll meet people with similar interests. Places to volunteer include hospitals, libraries, schools, political organizations, churches, soup kitchens, food pantries, scouts. Good luck and hugs to you.

Answer by Bmat at 3:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Maybe you should give them a call and invite them to lunch. Everyone is really busy and I don't call people as often because i assume they are as busy as I am. Then at times when I think I need a friend I think why aren't they here fo me?? Its usually because I haven't reached out to them and they don't know I want to talk, or go to lunch. I would call a girlfriend or two and tell them you miss hanging out and do something fun. My feelings get hurt when I feel like they aren't seeing what I'm going thru and they must not care and Im terrible at asking for help or saying I need something...even if it is just time together. Go ahead call a few old friends and initiate it. They may think you are mad at them...u never know?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009