Have you ever done online college classes?

I'm wondering how it was and if it's even worth doing or if it would just pay off more by going to a tech college or something. Is it pretty easy? How does it work?
Also what online college would you recommend?

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Here are a few good websites to check out.
    http://www.worlwidelearn.com
    http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com
    http://www.online-education.net

I am in the same boat as you, and am looking in to these to help me pick the right school for the field that I chose.
    Best of luck on your journey.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I just took the basic classes. But I liked them that way I could still stay home with my son. THe only problem I had was that I still had to go up to the college I was taking the classes from and take the tests and I didnt always have a babysitter. I just logged on whenever I wanted and read the lessons and was able to be involved in online chats. I am in the process of looking for an online college. I know that texas womens and uta(in texas) have online classes but I am not sure which ones are good yet. Good luck and if you find a good college let me know!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Hello,
    I started taking online classes a semester ago and I love it. My husband travels a lot and I have a son. I found the classes to be fast paced. The school I go to are 8 week courses and everything is done online. Tests and homework. You do have to go to the college to pick up the books unless you have them delivered to your home. I find that I am able to get more classes accomplished in a semester since they are only 8 weeks. The one thing that may be a drawback unless your really disciplined is that depending on the teacher you need to get online pretty much everyday. It really does depend on the teacher. I had one that looked for you to be online at least 4 times a week another that as long as you did your assignments by the due date.
    Anonymous

• I graduated from the University of Maryland with an on-line degree. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. As long as you can keep yourself focused, and that wasn't easy with 2 kids under the age of 4 at home with me, it can be done. Most of my classes were reading and writing intesive, I had already taken my required science classes, so I'm not sure how hard those would be to complete on-line.
    One suggestion is to check to see if the on-line program you plan to utilize is accreditted. You don't want to waste your money getting a degree that won't transfer to another higher education institution later.
    LisaUpte

Answer by LisaUpte at 2:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009