How do I make myself exercise at home?

I do enjoy working out at the gym, but I have 1month old to take care of .So I decited to get some CDs and work out at home.
And I can't seem get my butt of the couch.. or there's always something to do...
Any advice how you managed?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Will Power.
    Anonymous

• It has to be something you enjoy or you won't keep it up. I walked the baby outside. Long walks pushing a stroller or pulling a wagon. If you can put some music on that you like and dance to that, it is something. You can break your exercising up into small portions through the day. Make an appointment with yourself to turn on an exercise program on TV every day and do that. Or get into another kind of exercise such as yoga or tai chi that you can learn from a DVD or from a well-written and illustrated book. Lift some weights, if you don't have weights, lift full water bottles or bags of flour or whatever.

Answer by Bmat at 3:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I workout in the morning. I always seem to have the most energy. I know some people like to get a bike so that they can read while they ride it inside. I work out with the fit tv. You could also turn on some good music and dance for like 30 min. That is a pretty good workout! Also jump roping and jumping jacks are good. And probably very entertaining for your baby. My son is 2 now and he loves to jump around with me. I set a goal of how much I weight I wanted to loose and I know that I have to get up or it will never happen. Good luck!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Hang a candy bar in front of the treadmill!! lol. I have an elliptical machine downstairs and I haven't used it yet, dd lets me do nothing. Good Luck, when you figure it out, let me know!!
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would so work out if i had an eliptical machine! I would love it. thats the only thing I used at the gym.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I like Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds. It is fun. :) Good luck. I think you have to make a commitment to doing it for yourself, and be honest, it isn't just for yourself. You are obligated to your kids to live the best possible life you can to give them the best you can. Get up and MOVE. :)
    Anonymous

• haha i have the same problem... and i alwys complaine about i need to do this... and that but i never doo....
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 6:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Make it into something fun. There is a video to dance with your baby that I use and I enjoy it. My partner has done the dances with us too when he is home. I also got a DVD called "Dance Yourself Thin." I like that video, it is challenging at first. I think that the best thing for me is to just get something fun to do. I don't always feel like it and sometimes dread putting the video in. Then I get dancing and moving around. After it is done, I shower, get dressed and drink water. It makes me happier and I think better thoughts about myself.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i have a pic on my eliptical of me five years ago before to kids so every time I run I push it really hard trying to get back to what I look like in that pic i alsp put my machine in my living room so my kids r right there playing or sleeping or laughing at mom bopping around, lol so they are enteratind and i get a great work out!!!
    mkmama3130

Answer by mkmama3130 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009