I found hidden in my sons room some of my bra's ,underware and maxi pads. Why?

I found my underware in there before and he said he was curious. But now this , is this normal?

Luzy60

Asked by Luzy60 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Did you ask him?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Eh, my son is about to be 12 and has autism. We find my moms and mine underwear in his room all the time. I am pretty sure it's a sensory thing. He likes the texture.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Why were you searching his room?
    I'd ask him. Maybe he's a cross dresser in training

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Have you had the sex talk wiht him yet? Also a tlak on the female reproductive system as well. Odds are he is just curious and trying to figure it out on his own.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• How old is he?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Yes, how old is he?

Maybe he's using your bras as slingshots and maxi pads as bandages, just saying
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Well maybe a little cleaning,and searching. But since he is a teen ya gotta search but i guess be prepared for what you find. He seems like a well adjusted kid. I'm hoping that he wants to feel them try them on whatever. Maybe boys do this and moms don't talk about it much? I hope I hope. I mean If he needs to talk to someone to sort some things out I want to give him the chance. Or maybe I'm making too much of this and should just leave it alone? I know its important how I react or even if I should.
    Luzy60

Comment by Luzy60 (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• He is 13. And he saw the sex movie at school and when he was bout 11 I brought home a book from the library (because he said he didn't want to talk about it ) so i said he could read it or use it as a paper weight.... Well I think he read it cover to cover. And I just found this site, its just amazing , I am soooo glad
    Luzy60

Comment by Luzy60 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• I'm not sure what to make of this. I raised two boys and never found this kind of stuff in their rooms, so I would not tag it as "normal." The best place to start in figuring it all out is to ask him why he had your stuff and what he planned to do with it. That answer will likely determine the next step.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Yeah, IDK. I have little girls. If I found my bras in their room it would be because they wanted to be like mommy.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2012