How much should I pay my babysitter?

I live in a good size city in Texas. I have three kids, ages 4-12. The oldest only needs a little supervision and can be very helpful when need be. Although he does fight alot with my middle child who is 7.

Bebabydoll77

Asked by Bebabydoll77 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• I do childcar out of my home and I would say if you are doing by the hour you should pay around ten dollars an hour...For a daily rate no more than ten hours a day you should pay 35 dollars a day. That is what I would charge you but I have heard I am very cheap. Hope that helps
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i would say $10/hr...if it was over 5 hours $60 or so for a full day
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a 1yr 3month old boy and i pay my baby sitter 30 day.
    bestmom081796

Answer by bestmom081796 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I live in Az. People here like free!! Not fair. It is acceptable to charge $ 5 for the wee ones with the 12 year old to help watch over and doing the most sitting!!! Good luck.
    mothoflove

Answer by mothoflove at 6:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I too, was going to say $10 per hour if babysitting so you can go out for dinner, $30 - $35 each day if it's so you can go to work.
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 7:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008