Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 Bumps

Is it really that hard to watch your own kids and make them listen and respect other people ?!?!

Our neighbors are the type of neighbors that you do NOT want to have... in fact if we knew they were moving into the ouse next door, we probably would NOT have bought this house.

They are loud, in and out at all hours, live off of the system, do drugs ( openly) , say F*ck loudly and constantly, and most importantly they do not watch their kids !!!

I have called the cops on them twice - their kids have broken one of my windows, and vandalized our garage -- nothing is ever done about it......

a few days ago my mom and dad got my kids a new big wooden swingset ( we wanted to wait until after we got our fence up) ... but we told the neighbors that we prefer if their kids stayed off of it ....... of course they didnt and i have already told them 3 times TODAY to not be on it.... this last time the one kid was "bungee jumping" off the top playhouse thing with one of the swing chains....Before long I know one of them will get hurt and they are the type of people who will take us to court for "medical bills" ......

I just do not know what to do.... the cops wont do anything and wont answer questions .... I found out through a friend ( who is related to them) that they have child protection services called on them all the time but yet NOTHING has been done ( where we live, it is not uncommon for deadbeats to not be in "trouble" for not taking care of their kids) ....

moving is not an option ....

I acftually thought about getting ahokld of the people that they are renting from, and then one night i walk out to see him sitting in thier drive way smoking weed with them !!!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2012 in Parenting Debate

Answers (21)
  • I think you should contact the landlord. And, get your fence up ASAP.

    Answer by 3libras at 5:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Call CPS, take pictures of all the stuff you see, keep calling the cops. We had neighbors like that, thank goodness they moved. They had a boy abut 11 cuss out one of the adults in the middle of the street.

    Answer by txnmomof4 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Is it really hard to not ask a question anon so we can talk to you about this?? If you can't own what you say why do you think some other mom is going own her kids behavior?


    Answer by Crafty26 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Definetly time for the fence!

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Well, you never should have said you "prefer" if they stay off it. That makes it sound like you have an opinion, but don't really care. Instead, tell them that their kids are NOT ALLOWED to play on the swingset. Period. Do not make it sound even remotely optional.

    Then, work on getting that fence up. And, with or without a fence, I believe coming onto your property without permission is trespassing, which is grounds to call the cops. I'd start calling every time the kids, or the adults, come onto your property.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 5:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Put up no trespassing signs...then call the cops.

    Answer by BeautyGuru at 5:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Call the police, CPS and put up your fence along with a good lock. A swing set could be considered an attractive nuisance and your homeowners insurance would have to pay out on claims if you have not made reasonable attempts to keep them off of your property (not including asking them nicely).  


    Answer by QuinnMae at 6:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Take the swingset down tell you put up a fence.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • Fence would be my first priority, maybe taking the swing set down until then if it is seriously a danger.

    Answer by txdaniella at 6:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

  • I would contact a lawyer and have it in writing officially that you have told them their children cannot play on the swingset. I would also, the next time they are sitting there doing drugs in the cops and ask them to please come over quietly to bust them...I'd do that each and every time...eventually CPS will really get involved and that would at least take care of the kid situations.

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.