this probably sounds REALLY stupid LOL and maybe i should know by now but i dont lol

dont make fun of me lol...

how does your water break. is it just from the baby pushing down so hard?? or is it just at a certain time it starts leaking? or is it just from your uterus thinning out because it is stretching so much?

please dont laugh at me LOL. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i believe its from the pressure of baby droping into the pelvic that causes your water to break however im not 100% sure since my water never did break with my son my dr finally broke it while i was in labor.
    Anonymous

• Many women never experience their water breaking until they are on the table and pushing. All that's holding it in there is the amniotic sac, which isn't all that strong, your mucuous plug, and your cecrvix. Once your cervix opens and your plug comes out, all that's left if the amniotic sac holding the fluid in. Then it is just a matter of luck whether or not it will break or tear.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Its not a stupid question...(well I don't think it is) because I am not even exactly sure of the answer and I have had a baby!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 4:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Mine never does. They break it for me. I actually can't go in to active labor until they do this, but boy, does that baby come busting out once they do?

So the answer is, I don't know! but I do know that your water doesn't need to break to go into labor.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• everyones water eventually breaks... unless the baby is born "in caul" ( the bag of waters is still intact) and that is very rare.. it just really irritates me when people say they can't have a baby unless the dr breaks their water... Maybe the baby isn't just quite ready!!
    Anonymous

• with my first they told me the reason my water broke and all was do too her moving just right i am guessing it all depends on how or when it happens i know with me not only did my water brake with her she also caused the placenta too brake from the wall i just saw blood never knew the water broke till they told me at the hospital
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009