My daughter had her tonsils and adnoids out today, can she eat yogurt?

I forgot to as the doc. did any of you give your child yogurt after the surgery? Or is that not something she should eat right away? She is not too big into jello and pudding so far. Any other ideas. I know pop cycles.

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• you can give her yogurt its soft and will go down easy for her. also try chicken soup broth, or beef is she prepers. also applsauce. Anything that is soft and easy to swallow.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend it. After I had mine out, the ONLY things I could tolerate was popcicles, ice chips, jell-o & ice cold tea. Anything with substance to it (ice cream, yogurt, pudding, etc) jsut STUCK to my throat & I just wanted to die. It was awful...felt like someone poking me with needles.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes. Yogurt is soft and would be cooling. It also has much more nutritional value than pudding or ice cream.
    HisDove

Answer by HisDove at 4:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I can't remember what my son ate afterwards besides icecream and popsicles. I would assume if they can have ice cream, they can have yogurt as long as their tummy can handle it. If you are too concerned maybe before the doc's office closes, you could call and ask a nurse.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My dd had her outs on her 3rd bday. They said she could have anything she could tolerate. The dr said she even saw some kids able to each cheeseburgers. What they discourage from is anything with red dye or anything read. because if she gets sick or throws up then itd be hard to tell if it was blood or just the food.
    I kept mine on vanilla ice cream cups, popsicles, broth, chicken noodle, soft bananas, fudgicles, yogurt and things like that.

Answer by gemgem at 4:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I did call our Doc. his nurse told me that she can have yogurt as long as she drinks a good amount of water with it so it does not stick to her sore area because of it being thick. Thanks again Ladies!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009