Preschool Question

I am looking to enroll my son in preschool in the fall. I have made a list of schools to contact, but I am wondering if anyone can help me with some questions that I should ask.
What kind of questions did you ask when you toured different preschools?
Thanks for any help. I am posting this here because I have asked it 2 other places and have received no responses.

NewMommyin06

Asked by NewMommyin06 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think I would ask the class sizes. About the lesson plans. I havent looked into any yet I wish I could be more help. Maybe about their teaching strategies. Good luck I hope you find a great preschool!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would ask how they handle discipline issues and medical problems such as colds and illnesses. I would also ask if all the teachers had background checks.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Also ask about their security, like whos allowed into the school. And the class schedule. At my sons previous preschool, they took naps. At his new one they don't and he would come home cranky so I asked the teacher if it was possible for him to lay down and rest.
    Anonymous

• Definitely ask about a schedule, curriculum and extracurricular activities they offer (like gymnastics, sports and computers if you're interested). Ask if the teachers are certified and if the center it accredited. Ratios, disciplinary procedures, meal and nap time procedures. When discussing rates make sure you find out how many "extras" will be expected throughout the year.

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Hi NewMommyin06 , I own the group ABC's & 123's-Preschool Here we come. It's all about Preschool and everything going on in that world. I'd love for you to come join the group.
    alinzasmommy

Answer by alinzasmommy at 5:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son has a hard time sitting still for story time and circle time that kind of thing. If your child is anything like mine you will need to be sure they are willing and ready to handle him/her. The school I sent my child too was not and they kicked him out. He really started having a lot of problems after that because it was the first time he had made friends and they were taken away from him. Any way I did not ask if they could handle a child who could not sit still in group setting because I did not know this about my son. He is home with me all day and we do not have many chances to be around other children his age. Hopefully you will not have to worry about anything like this. Good luck finding a good school for your child.

Anonymous

• First and the most important to me is do you have an open door policy. If I am not allowed to just come when I please I won't send them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009