same phone charger friends...

So we owe them for staying over there once in a while, but does it put a different perspective on things when I tell you that we volunteered to babysit their 3 yr old for the evening (5-10pm) so that they could go to C's dad's nursing pinning ceremony and even at 2am we could not get ahold of B or C, then at 3pm the next day they came to pick him up and had the nerve to say, "We were soooo drunk last night, I couldn't even remember where we left the kids!"??

Does that change things a bit for you?

We constantly do eachother favors... I felt taken advantage of, and never brought it up again, but when DH stays, I usually drive him down, we buy them supper in exchange for DH's shower in the morning. So I don't feel like anything's owed either way.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 4:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Mama, it sounds like you know the friendship is KAPUT. Sorry it had to be over something so juvenile. If you have supplied their supper or what not for the shower your DH takes over there & if you're like me, I'm sure you've even asked if there is something you can do for them in exchange to his staying there every once in a while. It doesn't sound like you OWE them a thing. Count your losses and stop worrying about it. You have yourself & that baby to worry about, not an idiot who couldn't care less if they are hurting you.
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• thank you so much for your input, bduckett... u're right, we have made other offers too... they've only got one vehicle, so we do a lot of driving them back and forth to the city for various things... not that we mind. but JEEZ. The stupidest things people get upset over!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009