Im 4mths preg & have been feeling crabby from work...so by the time i get home I dont always feel that happy. So y does my husband get upset & inturn becomes crabby with me??

Im starting to get frustrated by this. I feel as though I have lots of stress from work, to paying the bills, to my pregnancy. ( I gave birth stillborn last january @ 6mths & am feeling completely stressed thinking about this pregnancy) I dont mean to take it out on him, I usually just tell him im tired or stressed from work. But he acts like I am being mean to him & winds up giving me the cold shoulder for days. ANy advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah, dont take it out on him, men arent beating posts just because you are upset. i mean TRUST me i understand completely where you are coming from, but what happened prior to you being home has nothing to do with him. so dont take it out on him.
    Anonymous

• I think it is just something you have to work on. Calm down. Maybe take a warm shower before you talk to him. I am also working on this because if my hubby gets mad and has a tone that I dont like I yell at him even though he is not mad at me. He usually just needs to vent and I let him and then we are okay. Maybe get on here and vent first. Good luck!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You need to find a way to calm down befor you get home that way you can come in from work in a better mood and have a nice peaceful night. Hes not a beating post and you cant take everything out of him that happend to you that day. All that does is make him mad and hes going to ignore you. I was once guilty of this to and have found that i just need to take a few extra mins getting home and sometimes i just get right into the shower and then we talk. Relax.
    Anonymous

• My thing is that I dont yell at him, I just tell him Im tired from work, & half the time my back is sore by the end of the night. He takes it as me ignoring him or not wnting to be around him. When hes in a crabby mood & try to hug him or comfort him a little bit, but for me he just keeps asking wahts wrong & then gets mad when i say i am just tired. When seriously Im just a little stressed & tired.
    Anonymous

• Can you transition from the ride home from work so that you leave work at work and by the time you get home you can just focus on home and him?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You'll find that your attitude sets the mood for the whole household- husband as well as children. You are important and what you think and do will affect the rest of your family. Make yourself perk up when you get home. Treat your husband as a valued person whom you love very much. He is likely already wondering how the new person that will start living with him in a few months will affect his life. So for a comfortable and peaceful home life, realize that you influence how happy it is and make yourself be pleasant and caring, even though you may be too tired to.

Answer by Bmat at 5:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I agree with everyone else, I know you maybe tired and just all around bitchy but thats not his fault and shouldn't have to get attitude from you, put yourself in his shoes and maybe you will understand better
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• sit him down when you not in a bad mood and just express to him your scared maybe then you guys could do somethin else like you pick up a part time job and him get a seacond one to pick up the slack cause i know if that was me and i had a still born i would quit the minute i found out i was pregnant again just to be safee
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009