Is it wrong that I stole my sister dog?

My sister is terminally ill with Stage 4 colon cancer.

She has personality has drastically changed.

It's as if she is taking out her illness on her dog. She has no control over her life or death, and she knows it is coming soon.

She yells at her almost 2 year old german shepherd doggy all the time. (which alone wouldn't be unbearable) She smacks him. She thinks he is supposed to understand like a human that she has pick lines in her chest and iv's that he can no longer jump on her. He ripped one out and she punished him for it. hit him and made him go outside was not nice to him for a while because she was still angry that he doesn't listen.... but he is a dog and probably forgot about it a few minutes later.

The latest incident is why I stole him. I knew she was being mean, that she'd smack him if he tried to come inside or outside when she didn't want him to... (even just sticking his nose in the door like a curious dog would do she'd YELL NO and whack!) :(

I don't remember exactly why but my mom told me she was mad at him for not listening outside. She brought him into the house into her room closed the door (ALL THOUGHT OUT if you ask me) She beat him with the stick you use to throw balls to dogs. She broke her fake nail hitting him. : ( someone walked in on her. Yelled at her but she was still mean to the dog days later.

Seriously I don't think being terminally ill is excuse enough to beat a puppy that knows no better. That has no voice or choice.

No one else in the family would stop her.

Who knows what she does when no one is home with her and the dog?!

I went over there to steal him... my mom was home and sister. My sister is kind of bedroom stuck for the most part. My mom left to the store and I seized hte moment to go out front, push the wood gate to an angle he could get out from put him in my car and drove him to my sister in laws house.

I did not sell him.

I gave him to a doggie lover who works for rescues, who has two dogs that are like her kids no lie. I know I could call animal services but they'd fine her, or threaten but need evidence and she'd keep the dog. I'd be the evil sister who called animal services on her dying sister. (I am distraught at her circumstances)

Stealing is wrong, but in this case I feel like I did the right wrong thing.

Would you have done the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2012 in Relationships

• I think you will be forgiven by the powers that be
    Let her think he ran away
    Who knows,she may have killed him,or he could have bit her really bad

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Yes I would have. It sounds like she needs some serious counseling. I think she is having a hard time coming to terms what is happening to her. You need to be there for her no matter how bad she is getting. Press her to see if she can see someone to help her deal with what is happening to her. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• I would have done the same thing, sorry about your sister, now you can focus on her....

Answer by older at 10:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Id do exactly what you did. Let her think he ran away.
    That innocent animal deserves a loving home and to live in happiness and peace.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• you rockI think you did the right thing. Poor dog :(

Heavensonfire

Answer by Heavensonfire at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Well, technically, you did do the wrong thing legally, but you did right by that poor pup. I feel like you were put in a bad position...
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Yeah I worried that one day she would go to far and regret it.

Worried that one day he'd turn on her and hurt her, and still who could blame him.

Worried he'd turn violent and hurt kids.

I got him after the worst incident and he's still a crazy fun loveable dog.

She thinks he ran away. I have to take the secret to my grave on my side of the family.

My grandma thinks it was gods intervention.... so I am kind of like god now right? ; )

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• I don't think you were wrong. Thank God she doesn't have kids.
    Anonymous

• She doesn't have kids, and she's kind of gone a little crazy and wnats my mom to mix one of her eggs with her DH sperm to be a sarrogate mother however that's spelled.

It's been a tough road that's for sure!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2012

• Some people need to realize that they cannot care for an animal when they aren't able to care for themselves. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. That must really hard.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2012