why are people thinking that the world is going to end in 2012?

do you think it will?

mommam58122

Asked by mommam58122 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope it does end !!!!
    Anonymous

• no i think it will be a new beginning. but i dont think everyone is going to die.
    tahts stupid
    Anonymous

• why do u want it to end?
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• no way. it cannot. it will not. my son is graduating high school in 2013. he needs to live his life, and so do your children. people said it would end on new years 2000, did it? no.
    Anonymous

• no

but some people think it will because that's when the Mayan calendar runs out
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• not sure... only god really knows that... they say since way before jesus there were people claiming that when the world is going to end... that there is going to be all kinds of huge natural dis. or something....

i sure hope not tho
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• oh yea.. remember all that hype about 2000 and nothing happened
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• ok well what a bout nostradamus did he predict this i keep getting told he predicted the end of the world at this time anyone know about that or about him i dont know much about him
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Well if looked at from a biblical point of veiw some would say we are in the end times but even then nobody could say it would be 2012 or next month or 5 yrs from now.

Nobody knows for sure when.I just try to live my life and raise my kids in the way that I feel is right.So when the time comes I can walk towards my Lord instead of running the other way.

I know not all believe this is just the way I do.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i sure hope not! lol.

i personally dont think it will. some people just i dunno worry too much i guess?

the world was suppose to end in the year 2000 right? well we all know how that went lmao.
    Anonymous