is 13 months too young for day care?

I have a 13 month old baby girl. I have been a stay at home mom ever since she was born. But my husband and I are splitting up and i have to go back to work fulltime. I am having such a difficult thing for me to do. I was just wondering what peoples options are. Is she too young?

sillamagilla

Asked by sillamagilla at 4:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Of course not. Many kids begin day care when they are just a few weeks old. There will most likely be an adjustment period for her, but she'll be just fine. You do what you've got to do.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Nope, they can go to daycare at 6 weeks. My son went at 3 months and is a happy little clam
    Anonymous

• no people put there kids in there way younger. You just have to be strong for her!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Like PP's have said, kids can start day care as young as 6 weeks. My son started when he was 4.5 months and he has a great time. Now, since your child is a little older, they may act differently but try to be strong.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• 13 months is definitely not too young. In fact, she's about to the age where the socialization will be fun for her. My 17 month old twins have been in daycare since about 4.5 months, and now they are excited to see their friends every morning. I personally prefer a daycare center with multiple adults to an in home daycare with only one adult, but if you really know someone well who does in home daycare that could be another option. I know this is only one more thing for you to worry about at a difficult time in your life, but it really can be a positive experience for your baby.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• your daughter will benifit from this as will you!
    BebaGina

Answer by BebaGina at 9:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009