This mean girl.!

Some girl just told me that she doubts im pregnant because its supposibly impossible to find out at 4weeks.? Is that realky true because i got it confimed with blood work and my dr told me according to the first day of my last period which was june 29th that im 4weeks? Ugh what do i think.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I think you have a lot of growing up to do before baby arrives.

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Finish Jr High before you have sex again!!! UGH!

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Purple monkey dishwasher

Answer by staciandababy at 2:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Umm i found out b4 i even missed my period like 6days before???

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• points

Answer by DJDNY at 5:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Silly

Answer by ladybugmamax2 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• oh'd it happen?! did you swallow or what?

Answer by dullscissors at 8:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Yeah, if you were looking for validation, you came to the WRONG place. A doctor wouldn't even test for your blood for elevated hCG levels until after you miss a period first, so claiming you got it confirmed by blood 6 days before you missed your period is bull.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• The "four weeks pregnant" is a way dating from the last menstrual period. It does not literally mean you've been pregnant for 4 weeks. It means that your last period was 4 weeks ago! (You typically ovulate around 14 days later, and that's when you would have conceived.)

So being 4 weeks along doesn't mean you conceived 4 weeks earlier. But this is a typical way of talking about the non-literal "40 weeks" of pregnancy. At "6 weeks pregnant" you've typically been pregnant for 4 weeks, etc. It is 40 weeks from last menstrual period until due date (and you weren't pregnant on your last menstrual period.)

The girl probably thinks most people don't know their dates that early. Many test after their period is late, then schedule an appt., THEN are told they're "6 weeks." But sure, you can test with home pregnancy tests as early as the missed period (and you'd be "4 weeks pregnant" at that point) so it's certainly possible.

Answer by girlwithC at 11:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• I think anger management classes would be good for you as well.

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2012