hmmm....

has anyone ever heard of the removal or a hormonal birth control like an iuc such as mirena causing you to get pregnant with twins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Nope, never heard that.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was doing some research about post-mirena because someone told me since my hcg levels were doubling every day instead of every two days that it could be a possible multiple pregnancy and I found two other cases of people that said that happened to them. The American Pregnancy Assosociation Websit said that fraternal twins are usually due to the fact that older women are more likely to have multiples, and many women today are conceiving at a later age. Other women who have an increased chance of fraternal multiples include those who have a higher body mass index (BMI), have recently discontinued hormonal birth control, and those who have had more babies.

So I was just wondering since they said if you recently discontinued hormonal birth control that maybe that included iuc's like mirena since they both release hormones and act as an iud.
    Anonymous