Is "Roland" a good name for a cat?

I adopted a kitten this weekend- we don't get to pick him up until later this week though. The name the shelter gave him is Roland. Is that a good name? It doesn't seem to roll off the tongue very easily. I know we will know better what to name him once he comes home but just wanted some other opinions. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2012 in Pets

• I don't see why not.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• I like it...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• We renamed our kitties when we adopted them. We just couldn't live with their names, lol . One was Whirligig, we named him Ripley. The other was Flattery, we named him Merlot.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2012

• I like it...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Last name Deschain? lol
    It's from Stephen King's The Dark Tower series if you didn't already know
    I love that name

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• I like it. I would keep it and use rolly as a nickname a lot. but don't feel bad about changing it.

The humane shelter where I got my dog names animals after the people who bring them in. So if this was a stray, it could be that Roland is the person who broght him in. it may be the next name on their list of names. The cat may not know this as his name. So if that is the case, and the shelter should be able to tell you, then don't feel bad about giving him any name you choose.

If he has known that name for a long time, still don't feel bad about changing it, Animals don't really understand the concept of their name. the associate that the big human says this word and looks at me. they say this word and sometimes we get to play or eat, or I might be in trouble. The cat won't feel bad, especially since he is moving in with a new family, that this word association changes.
    zetajen

Answer by zetajen at 10:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• If you want it to flow a little better, call him Rolando. That's my personal trainer's name. He's from Cuba.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• I think it is cute! I had a friend named Roland once, he was a great guy and super funny. I vote for Roland. But if you don't like it then change it. My mom went to buy a dog and the guy had named the dog Magnolia. My mom couldn't stand the name and named her Colfax instead. Your cat... name it what YOU like,
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• No, it sounds like the name of an Ice Road Trucker.
    lol
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2012

• haha..its the name of the OK town my parents live in, right on I40/border of OK/ARK. it wouldn't be my choice, because of that, but its not a bad name.
    i'm sure you have plenty of time to reteach a new name...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2012