has anybodys significant other not made it to the hospital?

my bf is going out of town on sunday and im staying home because 4 hours round trip would be to uncomfortable for me. . I asked him to delay his trip a couple weeks cause i will be 38 weeks when he leaves. He's only gonna be gone for the day and only two hours away . . But if i go into labor i dont know if i will be able to forgive him if he doesn't make it. . This is my first baby and i want him there. . Has anybodys significant other not made it to the hospital? If so what was the reasoning and did it bother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was there for a friend who's husband was deployed. 2 hours isn't that far away. Call him when you know it's real labor & you should be fine.
    Anonymous

• i had a scheduled c-section so my hubby was there.

but i can tell you that it would have bothered me really bad if he wouldnt be there when it would have been normal birth. I would be so mad i cant even put it into words. haha

why does he not leave later?! will you have someone around that can bring you to the hospital?! because thats suppose to be his "job". ;)

2 hours away isnt actually that much. but i know of women who had their baby after 1hour of labor. So he has to be fast in case youre one of the fast women ;)

if he cant re-schedule his trip then make sure that you will call him as soon as labor starts.

if i would be your husband, i wouldnt even let you go out of the house alone. i would be with you 24/7... when you are 38 weeks already.

i wish you good luck!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If this is your first baby and he is only 2 hours away, then have no fears. He WILL make it. You will be in labor for longer than 2 hours. On average a first time labor is over 15 hours.
    Anonymous

• 2 hours is okay - just make sure he has a phone on him at ALL TIMES and that he knows he must answer NO MATTER WHAT. If you go into labor, it is VERY unlikely that you'll have the baby 2 hours after onset.

When I was pregnant my husband was always close by, but wouldn't answer his phone. I was so scared he would miss the birth because he didn't answer his phone that it turned into a constant argument my last 5 weeks of pregnancy. Let's just say, if he had missed it I would have been RIGHT. lol.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 5:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i think he would feel pretty bad if he missed it, don't worry about that. I worry that mine will miss it, because he works 24hours at a time. yours is only 2 hours away.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my husband was there but fell asleep when i was sitting there in labor. lets just say he woke up when it was time for me to push lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Oh honey, I'm sure you will have plenty of time to get him back here if you go into labor!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my labor was 28hours and my husband was in iraq and it was pretty lame, but then again, look on the bright side, there are alot of squeemish men out there that wouldnt be able to handle labor and can just give you a headache!
    Anonymous

• you will be fine him being only 2 hours away he will get there in lots of time if you are worried that much ask your mom or good friend too be with you there also
    Anonymous

• My sons dad was out in the parking lot talking with a friend and having a smoke instead of being in the room with me. Granted the time to push was a suprise....he still should have been around. I'm sure that if you go into labor your partner will still make it back in time.
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2009