"Down there" problems....?

So let me start off by saying that I have a doctors appointment next monday, and i just want to know if anyone else has gone through this or has any advice.
my son is almost 6 months old. i have had a bacterial infection almost this entire time. I got the Mirena put in (which is an iud) at my 6 week check up. and pretty much since then i have had this raging infection. i have been on dose after dose to treat it. and it will go away for a day or two then come right back full fledge. one of the previous doctors i saw about it said that it may need taken out. i don't have any insurance at the moment so i'm worried what i'm going to do for birth control if i do have to get it taken out. has anyone had to get their mirena taken out because of something like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• I had an iud and had such bad horrible painful cramps from it I finally got it out. Then we swtiched to condoms and otc spermacide gel using both together at the same time. maybe load up on both of those and keep them nearby. Is there a hospital clinic or a county or town ciinic you can go to for lowcost care?
    Anonymous

• planned parenthood - cheap, cheap BC pills.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 5:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• A friend of mine told me that bacteria can go up the string and cause problems. Dont know how true this is but I would get it taken out, esp if you didnt have that problem before it was put in.
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 8:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• pelvic inflammatory Disease is not uncommon for IUD users. If you have had this much problem I would have it removed immediately. Your future reproductive health could be affected if you don't. I'm not saying it WILL be..only that it could be. planned Parenthod is a great resource for very reasonable birth control.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Try planned parenthood or your local county health department. Many health departments go on a sliding scale fee for birth control and there are several options available. I would definately have the Mirena removed.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009