nursery?

I have never left my son in any type of nursery or daycare before but tonight we are going to be going to a church other than our own for a special seminar. We know childcare is going to be provided and I was thinking of taking my 8 and a half month old son to the nursery. What should I look for to make sure he will be safe and well cared for? What should I expect? It is ok to drop him off knowing he will need to eat in about 30 minutes? I am just really nervous and a little confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Look around and make sure that the caregiver is attentive. Does the room feel like it is a good environment? Is the teacher nice? Is the room clean? Do the other kids look happy? What do the other parents think of it?
    Yes it is okay to drop him off just before he needs to eat.... but you need to tell the teacher... or you can fed him early. Get there alittle early and fed him just before you leave.

He will prob be upset when you leave.... so it will be hard on you. Have the number tot he nursery...... and make sure you are allowed to call. If they say no then it is not a good place.
    Good luck
    Jacky
    Joslyns_mommy

Answer by Joslyns_mommy at 5:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i owuld just look around the place maybe go a lil early and check the place out and talk with the care giver in there so you can get to know her .you can check on him during the thing as well .i would just tell them when you drop him off that he will need to eat in about a half hour
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009