Totally Overwhelmed Planning a wedding!!

I had originally planned my wedding for September of this year, but we had a glitch in the plan (DH is going to Afghanistan) so we've moved the date up to July. I realized today that I have TONS to do and only 150 days to do it!! I'm FREAKING OUT!! Here's my list... is there anything on there I can just not do? Where does tradition and time meet?
-Cake tasting/designing/payment
-Tuxedo rental and fitting
-Bridesmaids dresses fitting/purchase
-final gown fitting
-hotel for wedding night (for us)
-wedding favors (for guests)
-lingerie
-transportation (for us)
-vow writing
-write program
-hair/makeup
-gifts for groomsmen
-rehersal dinner
-thank you cards
-seating chart
-guestbook (we're getting a quilt actually)
-toasts

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 5:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Shopping

• Make a weekend out of it - get your bridal party together and get to work. You'll be shocked how much you can get done. Have them do some of the grunt work and then bring you what they find for final decisions....relax and have fun! and Congratulations
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i never did cake tasting, gifts for bridesmaid, groomsmen, didn't do vows, lingerie, the hotel night was complementary, and transportation was not really anything special. our wedding was between 3000 and 4000 total (including dress). my bridesmaids bought their dresses.

I'd say, start by picking your colors, and after that, you will just start seeing all sorts of things you want in those colors.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• kay, if you are wanting to cut some costs then I would suggest cutting out some of the things like the rehearsal dinner, of course, have rehearsal but you don't have to serve a large dinner.
    I made all my wedding invites, and thank you cards...have one of the bridesmaids fill them out for you to save you some time.
    Dont worry about getting all the people in the wedding gifts. It should be an honor to be in your wedding.
    If you plan on having a really huge wedding, like 300 or more people, then I would suggest a seating chart but otherwise, people usually migrate to where they want to be anyway. Who likes seating arrangements???
    Just relax! I planned my wedding all by myself in 4 months, and it turned out way better than what I had expected. Everyone said it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding so I know that you can do it! You just have to put time and money into the right things. Don't spend too much time on unecessary things.Goodluck
    Momma2Jae

Answer by Momma2Jae at 5:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• We did all that- we picked dresses, venue, music, officiant... basically everything that's not on the list. We've done about half the planning. I thought we were further then we were, and I thought we took care of the big stuff... but it's the little details that add up.... :)

livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 5:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My husband and I divvied up our wedding planning. WE selected the venues (ceremony, rehearsal, and reception) and related details, the band, the photographer, and his tux. I took care of my dress and accessories, hair/makeup, florist, wedding gifts, favors, and delegated whatever I could to my bridesmaids! He took care of the rings and honeymoon, and of course helped with tie-breaking votes on miscellaneous things! LOL

Your bridesmaids should take care of their dress fittings (after you all agree on the color and style), making the favors, your wedding shower, and bachelorette party! They can help with Thank Yous AFTER the wedding--etiquette allows for up to a YEAR AFTER your wedding!

Remember your wedding day should be about YOU and YOUR HUSBAND! It should reflect your personalities! Keep in mind it is just ONE DAY--you still have the rest of your lives together after the party ends! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Forgot to add...when it came to giving my husband choices...I narrowed them down to 2 or 3 choices--any of which I was okay with! That helped keep him involved, and I only gave him the manly type things to do. I think he would have stuck a fork in his eye if I made him select flowers, cake flavors, seating arrangements, and centerpieces!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• we didn't do the seating chart or the vow writing. We used the traditional vows and let people sit where they wanted. Otherwise, i looked at my whole list and organized it by stuff the needed done right away and stuff that could wait. Like tuxes and bridesmaids gowns needs choose right away, and our bridesmaids and groomsmen paid for they're own stuff. But i just orgaized the list in what needed down right away, and clumped some things together and and each day i had a to do list, and if something didn't get done that day, then i added it to the next days list, but i kept a running list so everything got checked off when it was all done, and that seemed to work out great.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'd say ask your Maid of Honor to throw you a lingerie shower.....
    Give your bridesmaids a firm color requirement and let them go together to pick out their own dresses.
    Book your hotel room online
    Don't write your own vows...if you want something more personal pick out a poem or saying to be read aloud
    Do something simple for wedding favors like bubbles, or have all of your bridesmaids pitch in to make them.
    Drop the seating chart, people hate them anyway.....
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• you need to minimize... i planned my whole huge wedding in less than 6 months... i even made all my invitations, rsvp cards, thank you cards etc... i got rid of the program because if you dont know what is next, then you are a moron... lol have one of your bridesmaids get your cake samples and then when you go to your hair appt to try out styles, eat them... also, we did our cake a few days before the wedding.. we did it at the spa it was great...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You can do it!150 days is 21 weeks. Just pick one or 2 things to do per week. Don't stress over details. Order stuff online if you can and spend on things that will matter later (photographer, dress...) The cake, invitations, programs, and napkins will all be thrown away or gone that day.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009