how do i stop the bleeding?

I just cut my weimaraner's nail to short. And it is bleeding bad. How do i get it to stop?

unsure1083

Asked by unsure1083 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pets

• I think that you can use flour, or baby powder... I remember it was something white... maybe cornstarch? google it! I guess I am not being much help! But I do remember it was a white powder... Im gonna lean more into corn starch!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Try baking soda for now. They make a powder that you can get at the pet store, especially for that. If it gets too bad, you may have to go to the Vet.
    FLmommy

Answer by FLmommy at 5:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• make a paste out of baking soda and water. put it on there and let it dry. thats what the vet told me and it works.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 6:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I agree with the baking soda. Get a jar of syptic powder at the pet store just in case for the future. Their nails are so thick thats why i get so nervous cutting my weim's.
    nocciboo

Answer by nocciboo at 7:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If you are going to be clipping dogs,cats, or birds nails, you need to keep on hand this yellow powder called kiwik stop. It is a styptic powder that has benzocane in it to help stop the pain and bleeding. When you hit the quick in the nail it can be painfull for the animal , so this stuff works really well. Good luck
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 8:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Also so you dont make this mistake again the peticure or pedipaw is a awesome product, It works and its worth the money. I have one and I highly recommend it
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Take a match light it blow it out and rub the end of it on the dogs nail. That came from my vet when I did it one time. It works!
    genav

Answer by genav at 6:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009