I am wanting to drop weight fast, help!

I am eating around 1000 calories to drop weight fast! Is this effective, have you ever tried it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• No I havent tried it but I know that it is not the best thing for you and more than likely you will gain the weight back. My mil did it and she is now gaining it all back because her body started to think it was being starved. The min. you are supossed to eat is 1200 cal. maybe try bumping it up to there.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Girl --- I have been keeping a daily food diary because I've been trying to lose weight for a while now with NO results. I thought maybe I was snacking more than I realized or something.... figured if I saw it all there in black & white, I could figure out the problem.

I'm eating between 900 & 1200 calories a day ---- that's it! BEEN eating that way for well over a month --- and I haven't dropped an ounce.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• This really all goes back to the food pyramid from elementary school. There are things you should eat more of and things you should eat less of. You need to eat them in the right portions. And if you are not ingesting enough calories, your body will think it is starving and you won't lose weight! Try doing 1250 calories and see what happens.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thats not enough calories to sustain your body! there is no miracle quick effective way to lose weight. If there was,all of us would be slim and healthy. The fact is you have to combine a good eating habit with exercise. If you dont eat the calories you should in a day,you are starving your body and your body feeds off that. The old idea that the less calories you eat,the more you lose is not factual. The other poster is correct in saying that if you lose weight quickly by not eating much,the minute you go back to eating 'normal' again,you will put it back on. Its a life change,bottom line. You need nutrition to survive and keep your body healthy. It takes time to lose that kind of weight,but,you have to be persistant and stick to it. Try Curves or a gym. Either place can get you with a person that can help you.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 2:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was always told to change your calorie intake often. If you do 1250 everyday then your body will begin to get adjusted! You need to keep your metabolism on it toes. I am constantly moving mine from 900 to 1400 and it has been very effective.
    GIBOYS

Answer by GIBOYS at 12:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2009