portable potty at the park??

I was at the park yesterday and noticed a little girl 3 or 4 sitting on a portable potty right by her mom who was sitting on the bench. I found it odd since there is a public restroom right next to the park.

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 5:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I carried the portable potty in the back of my car everywhere we went when my kids were potty training and for a few months after. Of course I never had them sit on it in the middle of the park.....
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• LOL, that is very odd. That poor girl was prob embarassed. I would NEVER do that to my daughter. Yes public restrooms are horribly disguisting but that's why I carry the hand sanatizer with me wherever I go.
    luv4adrianna

Answer by luv4adrianna at 5:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I think that's a bit weird too. I woulda kept it in my car at least with garbage bags in the pot lined with newspaper to dispose of on the spot or at home. But I don't blame the mom for not wanting the public restroom, so many are N A S T EEE!!!
    Anonymous

• Where i live (not low scale neighborhood by any means) this is a totally normal practice for a toddler. Many moms are more afraid of the germs in public restrooms and even worse in a portable bathroom. Boys also pee on the sides of the park always. So, i dont really see a problem with it.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009