What would you had done in this situation.

We was leaving the mall today and we had parked in the very back. A good 5 minute walk from the main entrance. I asked my 5 year old daughter if she has to pee before we leave and she says no. I told her to go try because I didn't want to stop on the way home (long drive) and she refuses insisting she don't got to go. She is 5 not 2 so I can't carry her in there and hold her on the toilet seat. I stop and look in one more shop because I wanted to check the price on a window item and then we leave. We get all the way to the car and I get my daughter buckled in and then all the sudden shes got to pee. I tell her to wain 5 minutes and we would drive to the McDonalds in the area and she say she could not hold it. Of course I was angry. I had just told her 10 minutes ago we were about to leave and told her to go pee. I told her she better try to hold it till we get there and she bust out crying so I let her squat between the cars. Right was she was pulling up her pants a lady walked by and glared at me but what was I to do let her pee in my car!? We live and I couldn't let her sit in a wet seat for that long!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I would of let her pee by the car and ignored the dumb broad
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• gotta do what you gotta do...kida are NOTORIOUS for saying they are fine-then 5 minlater having to REALLY pee...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• I would have made her wait/hold it. I made, I mean made, as in they would go pee before we left home or the restaurant or store. And if they did that to me they would hold it tell we got to McDonald's. If they pee on them self they just have to sit in it tell we get home. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Answer by louise2 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• I probably would have done the same thing... It's gross but if I did not have a cup in the car or something... yeah...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• My son has done this too. I would just ignore the lady.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• She would have held it until we got to the McDonald's.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• It should have said up there that we live and hour from the mall. I was not going to let her sit in her pee and get a rash by sitting in it for an hour. that is just cruel.

I did check for an empty cup first! DH had just cleaned out the car!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

•   Two words....travel potty. However, I would have walked her into the restroom anyway and insist she try. Had we got all the way to the car and didn't have our travel potty I would have at least found some bushes.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• It happens. Relax. You're not the first or the last to have this issue.
    Mine are older and we still have the exact same conversation!
    And then have to stop somewhere along the way *sigh
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• It is not cruel. It is a learning lesson. Go pee when I tell you to go. Like you said she is 5 not 2. She can hold it for an hour. McDonalds wasn't that far away was it?

Answer by louise2 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2012